Salt and Light
As you can tell from the opening Scripture passages, our ministry is not just called but boldly chooses
to be salt and light
to a world that is suffering in moral decay and spiritual darkness.
We seek to graciously proclaim the need for personal salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ and preach His life-changing Gospel to all people regardless of race, religion, gender, nationality, or education.
While we choose to directly engage the world, we are careful not to embrace its values and ways so that the world may benefit by our difference.
Purpose of Salt
Salt has a fivefold purpose: it preserves, flavors, purifies, fertilizes, and causes thirst.
Purpose of Light
- Salt is a preservative. Christians, by loving in word and in deed (Colossians 3:17), can function as an antiseptic which opposes moral decay and brings cleansing to a corrupt society.
- Salt is a flavoring. Christians, by seasoning themselves with the Word of God (Luke 14:34), can spice up and bring joy to a bland world which lacks flavor and taste.
- Salt is a purifier. Christians, by not conforming to the pattern of this world (Romans 12:2), can prevent themselves from being polluted by the world (James 1:27). By living a life that is pure, holy, and consecrated to God, Christians can keep their garments as white as salt and set an example for others.
- Salt is a fertilizer. Christians, by energizing themselves with spiritual ingredients such as daily Bible reading (II Timothy 2:15), meditation (I Timothy 4:15), and prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29), can become effective laborers for the Lord of the harvest (Luke 10:2), capable of choking out evil and causing good to grow and flourish.
- Salt is a diuretic. Christians, by displaying spiritual fruit in the midst of trials and tribulations, can cause unbelievers to thirst for Jesus Christ and drink from the water of His living Word (John 7:37).
Light has a fivefold purpose: it reflects, refracts, exposes, enlightens, and provides a way of escape.
Seasoned and Shining
- Light is a reflector. Christians, by reflecting radiant light (Psalm 34:5) from the One true light source — the Lord Jesus Christ, can illuminate the glorious Gospel to a lost and lonely world which is shrouded in spiritual darkness. By living and proclaiming a Gospel life (a life that is biblical, holy, set apart, Spirit-filled, and completely yielded to Him), Christians will be changed and transformed from glory to glory, shine as stars in the universe, and reflect Christ's light in a dark world (II Corinthians 3:18; Philippians 2:15).
- Light is a refractor. Christians, by being vessels (II Corinthians 4:7) fit for the Master's use (II Timothy 2:21), can receive glorious revelations from the Lord which can touch the lives of many people. Even though we as Christians see through a dark glass dimly (I Corinthians 13:12), we can look forward to a time when our knowledge will be free from cloudiness and obscurity (I Corinthians 13:9); when things to be known will be near and obvious; when we will enter into all the mysteries of His divine love and grace; and when we will know how we are known.
- Light is an exposer. Christians, by wielding the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17), can expose the reality of evil (Ephesians 5:13). As children of light shining out of darkness (Ephesians 5:8), Christians can help unbelievers turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God (Acts 26:18), opening their hearts and minds to see the wonderful light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God (II Corinthians 4:4-6).
- Light is an enlightener. Christians, by preaching God's uncompromised Word, can enlighten the world about Jesus Christ and help shed light on reality (Psalm 18:28).
- Light is a beacon. Christians, by being beacons of light, can help people escape out of darkness and point them to the source of light in the person of Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). By good works and acts of kindness, Christians can draw those who are in need and direct them to God's unfailing love.
As salt and light, we desire to live and minister in a way that pleases God and brings praise and honor to Him and not to ourselves. May our "speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt"
(Colossians 4:6) and may our "light shine before men, that they [the world] may see our good works, and glorify our Father which is in heaven."
(Matthew 5:16). "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do"
(Ephesians 2:10). It is truly our passion to tastefully communicate and brilliantly illuminate the love and truth of God's Word to a world that is lost, lonely, and hurting.
In January of 1998, during a period of heartfelt prayer and fasting, the Lord gave me a vision to start a Christian website and to call it Christ-Centered Mall.
From a small home office in Fort Myers, Florida, this non-denominational Christian Bible teaching ministry began. The online shopping mall
containing quality Christian stores and services was developed as a means of funding for this ministry.
Still true to the original vision, the mall is an interactive, family-friendly website which seeks to preserve the purity of biblical doctrine on the Web. From its launch, God has been faithful. This ministry has grown internationally reaching people on six continents and countries as far away as China, Egypt, Iraq, and Russia.
The Scriptures for this ministry are as follows:
- "GIVE ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass; Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."
- "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
- "I set watchmen over you, saying, 'hearken to the sound of the trumpet'."
- "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."
- "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." [Being like the Berean]
- "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."
- "And exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."
Although this website was stagnant from 2002-2005 due to a time of major life changes such as marriage, children, and relocation, it still continued to bless people throughout the world. My wife and I are truly overjoyed to announce that this website is currently being redesigned and fresh new material is being added!
Through diligent Bible study, mentorship, prophetic utterance, and leading of the Holy Spirit, we are called to preach and teach the Word of God. We seek to be salt and light and present the pure Gospel in a straightforward and easy manner in order that we may encourage, empower, and educate a Christian so he or she can have victory through Christ. We don't go by opinion but back up everything by God's precious Word.
It's Time to Finish What We've Started
The Bible tells how Zerubbabel was commissioned to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem after the exile. He faced immense challenges and opposition and could have grown very discouraged. However, God spoke to His prophet and said:
"The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you."
Through encouragement and God's divine grace, Zerubbabel indeed finished what he set out to do!
With my wife at my side, I will also finish what God put on my heart to do.
Christ-Centered Mall holds top ten search engine rankings in many of the world's best search engines. In addition, our ministry website can quickly and easily be found on the Web by typing any of the following domains into the address bar of your Web browser:
If you would like to contact our ministry, please visit our Contact Us
page to find out how to e-mail, fax, or write us.
I hope you enjoy your visit through our website, and I pray that the materials we provide will be a blessing to you and your personal ministry.
Your bondservant in Christ,
David Holt Boshart, Jr.
President & Founder
Christ-Centered Mall, Inc.